erin kate photography

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Introducing...Chubby

soft...sweet...smart...swift...nocturnal...

On my website, under my bio, it says that I am a mother to a fabulous ubermutt and a soft chinchilla. I have posted many images of my darling ubermutt, but have not yet introduced Chubby.
I can't believe I have not posted images of my Chubby yet! Maybe it's because he's nocturnal and sleeping in his house all day...I don't know. Here are some facts about the softest, sweetest, chinchilla in the world...

Chubby's ancestors are found in the Andes mountains in Chile...
Chinchillas live an average of 12-15 years...
Chinchillas have about 80 hairs per follicle...we have 1...
My Chubby is 7 1/2 years old...
I picked him out when he was 1 day old from Valley View Chinchilla Ranch...
I visited him on my lunchbreak from work and took him home 6 weeks later...
He loves raisins and dust baths and arm pit scratches...

Here he is, in all his softness!









Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Emily DeWan Photography said...

What cute little feet! Love that first one.

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Jill Higgins said...

Awwww....he's so cute! I bet he was hard to photograph!

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG - CHUBBS! I have heard so much about Chubbs from Curt, and I always wondered what he looked like. What a cutie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home