erin kate photography

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

T...B+F

So my ubermut Tobago is part pointer and hound dog...she has a nose like no other and she loves anything that flies! She watches airplanes as they move through the sky. She will chase buzzing flies around the house for hours and lope after birds all day long. She goes crazy if I even mutter the word "birdie". So when we got two chickens, I was wondering how she would handle the two very large birds in the backyard...
For the last two weeks I have let Blanche and Flo out of their coop to freely explore the backyard that surrounds them...supervised, of course. Tobago started out sitting by me on a leash. Now she is off her leash, never taking her eyes off the hens, and now and then has an urge to pounce in their direction. But I must say that I'm very impressed...she's really good with them!
Talk about self control. I know it must be so hard for her. But I think in the end they will all be one big happy family!





the most beautiful ubermutt ever...look at that face!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh little Tobago. She is so sweet. Looks like she wants to play with them. So cute.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Kellee Smith said...

Erin, she is so beautiful!!! Oh how my family wants a lab - and she just melts my heart (and I am not a dog girl). Thanks for sharing the picts!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger J said...

Wow...my dogs would have gone after those chickens :)

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Emily DeWan Photography said...

How cute! Love that second one.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have a lab and if he got that close to a chicken he would be having lunch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home